There’s a touch of fall in the air, and with it comes thoughts of projects left undone. It always amazes me that time marches on, whether you take advantage of it or not.
Jim Rohn talks about the seasons of life. Plant in the spring, so you can harvest in the fall. Well fall is here, both figuratively and for real. I guess I’ll have to shake things up and plant in the fall to harvest in the spring.
Procrastination kills. Maybe it’s time to kill procrastination!
Oil prices have dropped to about $35 a barrel and heating oil is waaay down. So, is this because of the global recession; or did the prices go up because of investors milking us dry and did they trigger a global recession?
I’d love to be a fly on the wall. My fear is that we’ll lose all momentum on energy conservation. Yours?
A GOOD RECIPE FOR A GOOD LIFE
- Take a 10-30 minute walk every day. And while you walk, smile. It is the ultimate anti-depressant.
- Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day.
- When you wake up in the morning complete the following statement, ‘My purpose is to __________ today. I am thankful for______________’
- Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food that is manufactured in plants.
- Drink green tea and plenty of water. Eat blueberries, wild Alaskan salmon, broccoli, almonds & walnuts.
- Try to make at least three people smile each day.
- Don’t waste your precious energy on gossip, energy vampires, issues of the past, negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
- Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a college kid with a maxed out charge card.
- Life isn’t fair, but it’s still good.
- Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
- Don’t take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
- You don’t have to win every argument. Agree to disagree. Move on.
- Make peace with your past so it won’t spoil the present.
- Don’t compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
- No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
- Frame every so-called disaster with these words: ‘In five years, will this matter?’
- Forgive everyone for everything.
- What other people think of you is none of your business.
- You have the power to heal yourself.
- However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
- Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch!
- Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
- Each night before you go to bed complete the following statements: I am thankful for __________. Today I accomplished _________.
- Remember that you are too blessed to be stressed.
- When you are feeling down, start listing your many blessings. You’ll be smiling before you know it!
It looks like we’re finally getting a small dip in the ever-upward trend for crude oil. I guess Americans are getting a little more serious about giving up the gas-guzzling SUVs. My prediction: it’s only a matter of time before they put the pedal to the metal and the whole crazy cycle starts again.
I think I’m spending too much time worrying about the things I don’t have any control over. And, not enough over the things I do. How about you?
How often do you get an offer to get your web site “first place” position on Google? Just click here, give us your credit card and we’ll do it for you.
I know how to design a good site. I know how to make it search engine “friendly.” Anybody out there have any real experience with these companies?
Inquiring minds want to know. . . Care to share your secrets?
So this is my first post here at donsykes.com.
I’ll be adding more later, this is more of a test of WordPress and how it operates. I plan to offer WordPress sites as a way for small businesses to have a site they can keep up-to-date on their own.
Web sites you ask? Yes, that is something I consult on. See My Biz to learn more about the marketing services I offer and how I may be able to help you!